This part of the website is an English translation of the definitive hurdy-gurdy reference book Die Drehleier (The Hurdy-gurdy), written by Marianne Bröcker. For general information about this translation please see the Index Page.
This material is covered by copyright and may not be used without permission. Please see the Index Page for more information about distribution.
|Table of contents||Previous page||Next page||References||Figures|
261. Technical drawing of a German hurdy-gurdy (18th cent.)
262. Technical drawing of a Swedish hurdy-gurdy
263. Technical drawing of a Bohemian hurdy-gurdy
264. Marcel Soing in his workshop
265. View of the workshop
266. Placing the inner blocks in the form, to which the ribs will be fastened
267. Bending the rib
268. The center rib is always placed first
269. The other ribs are glued, always alternating outward from the center rib
270. Unfastening from the form
contact us if you have comments or questions about
this page or other pages on this site.
Alden and Cali Hackmann
Olympic Musical Instruments
© Original text in German copyright 1977, Verlag für systematische Musikwissenschaft GmbH
© Translation copyright 2005, Olympic Musical Instruments and the Bröcker Tranlation Group