This part of the website is an English translation of the definitive hurdy-gurdy reference book Die Drehleier (The Hurdy-gurdy), written by Marianne Bröcker. For general information about this translation please see the Index Page.
This material is covered by copyright and may not be used without permission. Please see the Index Page for more information about distribution.
|Table of contents||Previous page||Next page||References||Figures|
271. Removing the body from the form
272. The completed shell with outer and inner blocks
273. Sanding the shell
274. Fitting the braces
275. Fitting the braces
276. Grinding the wheel edge (glued up veneer)
277. Mounting the wheel in the body
278. Fitting the soundboard
279. Different stages in the construction of the peghead with carved head
280. Fitting the keybox sides in mortices in the peghead
contact us if you have comments or questions about
this page or other pages on this site.
Alden and Cali Hackmann
Olympic Musical Instruments
© Original text in German copyright 1977, Verlag für systematische Musikwissenschaft GmbH
© Translation copyright 2005, Olympic Musical Instruments and the Bröcker Tranlation Group